1. You are fast asleep in the middle of the night. You’re shaken awake by an earthquake. What do you do?
A. Jump out of bed
B. Roll out of and under bed
C. Stay where you are and cover neck & head
2. An earthquake starts as you are getting ready for work or school. What is the safest thing to do?
A. Get out of your home ASAP
B. Get under a sturdy table, cover neck & head
C. Get in doorway and brace yourself by holding onto frame
3. Your family is having a picnic outside and you start to feel an earthquake. What is your plan?
A. Take shelter under nearest large tree
B. Curl in a ball
C. Go to nearest open space and drop to ground
4. You are at the beach when an earthquake begins. What do you do?
A. Get to higher ground
B. Run into the water
C. Go to the nearest lifeguard tower
5. You’ve experienced a major earthquake. What do you do next?
A. Immediately shut off gas
B. Call 911
C. Put on protective shoes & clothing and assess the damage
6. After the quake you have a bleeding cut on your forehead. Your neighbor has a broken leg. Who do you treat first?
B. Your neighbor
C. Call 911 and wait for paramedics
7. A strong earthquake caused moderate damage to your home and you’re worried about gas leaks but don’t smell it or hear leaking sounds. Should you shut off the gas?
8. Your car feels like you have a flat tire when it really is an earthquake. What do you do?
A. Speed up to get away
B. Wait until you’re under an overpass and pull over
C. Pull over immediately and keep your seat belt on
9. After you experience a strong earthquake there are a number of small fires in the neighborhood. What do you do?
A. Call the fire department and start putting them out
B. Don’t bother the fire department
C. Call the fire department and wait for them
10. You do not have an earthquake kit when an earthquake strikes. What is your best source of good water?
A. Swimming pool
C. Canned vegetables
(Answers will be posted tomorrow…don’t get too excited :))
For more natural disaster quizzes to here.
For some quick facts on earthquakes go here.